Paddock Wood Angling and Conservation Society
Download Directions Printer Page . . . . Sams Lakes Directions
Sams Lake Bedlam Lane Smarden Kent TN27 8PJ
. Tele: 01233 770272
Sams Lake consists of two lakes. The Top lake with 4 islands is usually used for club matches.
The bottom lake nearest to the car park is the public lake. We can use both lakes provided there are no Club Matches booked.
Follow A228 through Maidstone until it branches off to the right but take the Sutton Road (A274) to the left. Follow this road for 8.4 miles, until it turns a sharp left into Headcorn. At the end of Headcorn Village take Smarden Road to the left. Follow this for approx 1 mile where it turns sharp right, 200 yds further take Bedlam Lane on the Left, then 100 yds on the right is the entrance to Sams Lake. When you enter turn left and follow the gravel path to the carpark. The lakes are in front of you. There are 2 lakes, Bottom and top lake. There are 60 swims. You may fish either. The lakes are fully stocked with carp, tench, barbel, rudd, roach, chub, perch and bream. Set up and a member of staff will be round later to inspect your membership Card.
Sams Lake in Smarden will grant the members to fish at no cost. The Agreement will last for one year and will be subject to a number of restrictions and exclusions.
1. All member of PWAACS Must be in possession of their Photo ID.
2. Members may not fish at weekends, during the period from 1st April to 1st October.
3. Members may not fish during any Bank Holiday.
4. Members may not arrange any matches without having received prior approval from Sams Lake staff.
5. Member wishing to night fish (subject to approval of Sams Lake Staff) Will be liable for the full Commercial charge.
6. Fishing is from Dawn to dusk (unless otherwise agreed in advance).
7. Fishery rules apply, barbless hooks/suitable carp unhooking mats/suitable size landing nets. This list is not exhaustive, if in doubt, ASK.
Home - Newsletter - Match Dates - Membership - Rules - Venues - Species - Gallery